POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FOG with turbulence-- animation tests : Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:02:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Dec 2017 22:20:01
Message: <web.5a2b55413f5614d489df8d30@news.povray.org>

> From what little I know of fog turbulence, this has nothing to do with
> any intended projection effect; rather, the algorithm /happens/ to make
> it appear projection-ish. [snip]

Your explanation of fog vs. media is completely understandable, as well as the
various paradigms used-- and it has me thinking about an alternate approach to
the problem of fog's object/perspective distortions. It's based on the
'projection' idea, but I need to think about it thoroughly, and about any
possible ramifications...