POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : orthographic camera and conic_sweep object : Re: orthographic camera and conic_sweep object Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:50:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: orthographic camera and conic_sweep object
From: Warren
Date: 6 Nov 2017 14:05:00
Message: <web.5a00b1bec65a78b4ca73ee9d0@news.povray.org>
> Fixed in POV-Ray v3.8.0 (currently under development). If you dare, try
> the binaries available at:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-alpha.9387404
>
> (Make sure to name them differently than the original v3.7 binaries. It
> should also be possible to extract them to a different directory and run
> them from there.)

Hi,

Yes, I will try to install povray 3.8.0, why not...
I gathered informations with an old file I kept, named 'config.log' that
contains among others, differents variables/values a user can change before
compile time especially when inputing './configure' at the prompt/terminal.

Until someone will tell me I'm wrong , I think that the variables used to name
the final binary are 'PACKAGE' or/and 'PACKAGE_TARNAME' (they both contain
'povray' )but I'm not sure.
If you can give me some advice about that, I'll be glad. :-D

I discovered POVRay in 1997 in a magazine that came with a CD-Rom (that was the
2 second version under MS-DOS: v2.x) All I had as a CPU was an Intel 486 SX2
(yes, without a mathematic coprocessor :-( ). For a scene equivalent to the one
above with the conic_sweep, the render took about 6 hours, I quickly gave up
making scenes (I didn't use editor with the Scene description language, but a
software with iron wire interface with 4 windows named 'POVSB' (under windows
3.1) or something like this. I began learning the SDL later in 2007 until now.
Nostalgia... :-D