POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : CSG Bounding box algorithm : Re: CSG Bounding box algorithm Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:45:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Bounding box algorithm
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Aug 2017 08:05:01
Message: <web.599ec080818ca792c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Oops, yep, quadric is what I meant too. Checked with versions 3.6.2, 3.7.0 and
> that same Rook example I posted here is okay. It's 3.7.1-rc1 causing the missing
> parts. Likewise same for beta 9.

Looks like I have a real knack for finding these little bugs - even when I don't
know they're there, and I'm doing something completely wrong and pointless  :D

> And I forget about the ability to show those bounding boxes too. Or so I
> thought... hmmmm... doesn't Vista_Buffer=on or +UV do that?
> Tried just now in v3.6.2, v3.7.0, v3.7.1-beta9 and v3.7.1-rc1, nothing seen of
> bounding boxes in render window.

That would be a neat feature!
I checked the docs and didn't see anything like that.
I've written my own bounding-box visualization macro to do that, as well as show
the min/max extent in the debug window ("WHERE'D my object{} go????")
I think I threw in my camera-object-distance based auto-cylinder radius thing to
give a nice consistent look to it as well whether it's 5 units or 50,000 units
from the camera.
Still needs a slight bit of fine-tuning.