POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Parsing Token slowly : Re: Parsing Token slowly Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing Token slowly
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Aug 2017 17:30:00
Message: <web.598b7de5d745264e883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"276### [at] qqcom" <276### [at] qqcom> wrote:
> ...Every time I need to parsing the same
> scene document(very big scene,many many tokens needed to parse) and then
> rendering to get a picture.Due to this reason,I waste too many times in parsing
> the tokens,cause the time of whole process is very long.
> Can I parse the token for once and then just rendering?
> Now:parse render parse render....
> Hope:parse render render render....

Generally speaking, POV-Ray does this...
     parse render parse render....

It is the way POV-Ray currently works. Clikpa mentioned some ways to speed up
this process. Clipka also mentioned using UBER-POV, which is a separate program
taken from POV-Ray, but it has some additional functions. It can do this...
     parse render render render....

It can use 'persistent' variables that do not need to be re-parsed for every
image. I have not used it yet, so I cannot explain it in detail.