POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : df3 file utility : Re: df3 file utility Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:54:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 file utility
From: Mr
Date: 28 Jul 2017 09:20:00
Message: <web.597b397bc58fd36d16086ed00@news.povray.org>
jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> some time ago I came across an animation of a fireplace on a website,
> done with povray and DF3s, really nice, still managed to lose the
> reference though :-(  anyway, that lead to a (fruitless) search for
> software to work with DF3 files and, eventually, to a decision to
> write my own "df3 tools".

Thanks, and great effort, but just so we know what's wrong with it from your
opinion...
Were you aware that Blender's POV-Ray exporter/importer uses a the DF3 python
library to use the format, previews in 3D view, and can also cache smoke in the
other Blender cache format?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'file_blendertopovraysmoke[1].gif.htm' (15 KB)