POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #debug message problem re: line breaks : Re: #debug message problem re: line breaks Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:51:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #debug message problem re: line breaks
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jul 2017 10:10:00
Message: <web.596e16098dced37cc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Kenneth,
If you search around, you will find reference to the fact that the text output
to the debug stream does not get displayed until a new line of some sort is
encountered.
Presumably each new debug statement starts it's own line, which flushes the
previous pending message to the output.
It's good practice to always end some sort of text output with a "\n"
I too, used to wonder "Where did my debug output go???"

If there was true aliasing (of commands), then you could probably do something
like
alias debug debug %1 "\n"
or whatever the unix-style command line syntax is

Perhaps invoking a #debug messaging macro that always adds a "\n" at the end
would work, if that's helpful at all...