POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : reduction to the essentials-- animated (blob code) : Re: reduction to the essentials-- animated (blob code) Server Time
16 Apr 2024 17:46:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reduction to the essentials-- animated (blob code)
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Jul 2017 00:50:00
Message: <web.59684c949943764883fb31c0@news.povray.org>

> It reminds me of the first time I discovered what gave rise to a Wada
> Basin.
>
> http://paulbourke.net/fractals/wada/

I had never heard of a Wada Basin until now. Fascinating. (And equally so
because the effect was actually given a name!!) It's interesting that the paper
discusses using FOUR touching spheres, but the image examples use only three.
Seems that an odd number of spheres creates a more interesting look than an even
number (my opinion, anyway.) Maybe that's because familiar kaleidoscope images
are usually of 3,5 or 7 repeated 'segments', and I'm just used to that
arrangement. A learned response, in other words.