POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping : Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:31:59 EDT (-0400)
  Stacking stones without overlapping
From: Ari
Date: 15 Jun 2017 11:05:00
Message: <web.5942a025555127989d2528170@news.povray.org>
Hi folks, I am new to the software and this community. I am a year 1 engineer
and am recently required to learn this software. So far, I could do some very
simple coding work only and my aim is to make a code to generate a scene
consisting of numerous sand grains like
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3C4d98c518%40news.povray.org%3E/27841-grains.jpg
Could anyone tell me how to stack some objects without them being overlapping
like the picture above? Besides, how could I approach to generate such code
(using array? rand? or any other?) Thank you!