POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something? : Re: 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:58:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something?
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Jun 2017 14:15:02
Message: <web.593ae4e67cb8f4dc883fb31c0@news.povray.org>

> I really liked the following excerpt from Graphics Gems 3:
>
> https://doc.lagout.org/Others/Game%20Development/Programming/Graphics%20Gems%203.pdf
>
> Since the first volume of Graphics Gems was published, I have spoken to many
> readers
> and discovered that these books have helped people learn graphics by starting
> with
> working codes and just exploring intuitively....

Yes, that's an excellent 'philosophy', about *anything* in life, actually. I
love to experiment, with anything and everything; it's a wonderful way to learn
new stuff. But as you (and the author) say, there needs to be a 'germ' of
understanding, to begin with. Sometimes that little germ is missing :-(