POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POVRay v3.7.1-beta.8 released : Re: POVRay v3.7.1-beta.8 released Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:43:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay v3.7.1-beta.8 released
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 May 2017 10:40:00
Message: <web.5921a56d7b7ef088883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
I have a minor suggestion to make, for future Windows-installer beta releases--
but it depends on the answer to a question: Is the additional 'editor' download
(povwin-3.7-beta-editor) actually *different* or changed in any way, from beta
to beta?

If it is, then I would suggest re-wording the editor's file name to
povwin-3.7-beta-8-editor,  for example. The reason being, if I want to keep
older beta installers (and their respective editors) in my Windows download
folder (for making comparisons between beta behaviors later), it would be easier
to have a respective beta AND its installer clearly labled as a particular
version.

Of course, if the 'editor' file doesn't change between betas, then there's no
problem.