POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gravity Comparison : Re: Gravity Comparison Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:09:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravity Comparison
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 May 2017 10:30:00
Message: <web.591473e2f6e11aaf883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
My Windows 7's  default "Windows Media Player" doesn't play it, but it plays
fine in SMplayer (the GUI version of Mplayer.)

Yes, now it's time to add some bouncing. I haven't done that yet with any of my
own animations, but it would *seem* to be not-too-difficult. I guess the
simplest idea would be to use the same gravity-accelleration code you already
have, then reverse(?) it for the upward part of the bounce--then cycle those two
motions, with maybe just a decreasing height each time. (Of course, this dosn't
take into account any actual object 'collision' physics, but it should look nice
anyway.)

This is just a 'thought experiment', so no results are guaranteed ;-)
(That's my legal disclaimer, ha!)