POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sphere_sweep 3.7.1 beta 6 problem : Re: sphere_sweep 3.7.1 beta 6 problem Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:56:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep 3.7.1 beta 6 problem
From: omniverse
Date: 10 May 2017 04:15:01
Message: <web.5912cb60d5d48b149c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Simple test sphere_sweep animated to show the changing positions or appearances
> of artifacts.
> Might need to watch several times to catch all the parts showing artifact lines,
> which also show up as disembodied specks outside of the object itself. Always
> along lines, it seems, yet the dark intersections on the sphere_sweep can curve
> as well as form a straight line (mainly straight).

Using the tolerance keyword I was able to make the sphere_sweep disappear at the
location of an artifact instead of the entire object.
Was checking on that after reading the docs about the default being 0.000001,
which I had thought wrongly to be 0.001, and I guess extremely small decimals
isn't going to fix this.