POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Output_File_Name -- missing double quotes in documentation : Output_File_Name -- missing double quotes in documentation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 18:51:48 EDT (-0400)
  Output_File_Name -- missing double quotes in documentation
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Apr 2017 21:10:01
Message: <web.58e988c6ebea2d9e883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
I don't know if this is specific to the Windows platform, but there's a small
error in the v3.7.1 beta 5 documentation, as well as on the current wiki page at

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:File_Output_Options

 re: Output_File_Name. I think the docs' errors have been there for awhile,
actually.

In Windows, if I want to specify my own folder location for output renders, I
have to write it like this-- with double quotes at beginning and end--

Output_File_Name="C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Kens POV-Ray rendered IMAGES\"

The documentation doesn't mention those double quotes. Leaving them out causes a
(non-fatal) render error, but the image isn't written to a file (as far as I can
tell.)

The Windows-specific included documentation doesn't mention this either, at
1.4.7 The Render Window.