POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Pannellum : Re: Pannellum Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pannellum
From: omniverse
Date: 3 Apr 2017 04:55:00
Message: <web.58e20cefd40b65bd9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> On 4/2/2017 8:52 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> > I updated my spaceship scene and rendered new frames to be used with
> > Pannellum panorama viewer.
> >
> > http://isometricland.net/panorama/pannellum.htm?config=pano-gh-scene-spinner.json
> >

> > I still was not able to turn the interior atmosphere due to render
> > times. Even on the 16-core MS Azure server I am using for my renders
> > this month, things were taking too long.
>
> Forgot to mention there are strange square shaped artifacts in the blue
> end caps of the scene. They exist in the source images as well. I don't
> know what causes them.

Impressive scene. And maybe disorienting to some earthbound people. :)

If able to see it, is the atmosphere both ground-hugging and cloudlets floating
around?

Wild guess about the squares. Could it be something about the ends being
directly opposite and slightly reflective, max_trace_level?
Although I don't recall seeing unusual squared patterns from anything like that
before.