POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to generate sphere and cylinder with csv file : Re: How to generate sphere and cylinder with csv file Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to generate sphere and cylinder with csv file
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Mar 2017 10:15:01
Message: <web.58da6f56ae95604bc437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Accordin to the OP it isn't really CSV, but rather tab-separated (or
> blank-separated?) values.
>
> These are /not/ ideally suited for the use with `#read`.

Right on.
It looks like space or tab-delimited.
Perhaps the OP could link to the source.

Opening in Excel or OpenOffice and saving as true CSV ought to do it.

He's also going to need to fix that ID string with something like (untested):

#declare ID = substr(S3,strlen(S1),strlen(S3)-strlen(S1))

where S1 is the mode, and S3 is the ID.

(BTW, I didn't see a dedicated entry for "strlen()" in the F1 documentation
section on String Functions. Perhaps I overlooked it...)