POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tales from a Renderfarm : Re: Tales from a Renderfarm Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:46:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tales from a Renderfarm
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 15 Feb 2017 12:25:00
Message: <web.58a48dd04b911216ae7df010@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> So huh, it is BorderChars that is slow on my i7. I never could have
> guessed something scene-specific could do that.

Hi there, I'm not sure exactly what you're describing but if you identify a
problem with BorderChars I'll be interested to know about it in case it's
something that can be fixed.

I did notice you're using FontVariationNumber 28 with the sample interior
object. (It looks great in your animation!) The wavy interior object renders
extremely slowly due to the use of so many sphere_sweeps. You can speed it up a
little by changing the setting of "#local DeltaTheta = 30;" to 45. This will be
perfectly acceptable for your scene.

Regards,
Dave Blandston