POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Shed version 2 : Re: Shed version 2 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:58:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shed version 2
From: omniverse
Date: 12 Feb 2017 14:40:01
Message: <web.58a0b9d9e97123ee9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"Klewlis" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> using windows Movie Maker, because I can't afford to buy anything at this time.
>
> 0.5 seconds on each still frame, 15 frames in 0.9 seconds for the tilt-up of the
> walls
>
> the tilt-up is much smoother than I thought it would be.
>
> https://youtu.be/J1R3EnIDCgc
>
> you can see version 1 in the thread /animations/grouping objects for transforms

Looks good! Sure helps add fluidity having movement... hey, a thought... which
you seemed to be hinting at already. Camera view moving around from wall to wall
would give it less slideshow feel too.

Animation doesn't always need a high frame rate anyway, cartoons often use low
frame counts; so 12 per second can be okay. Yours was 16.667 per second for
those fastest parts.

Hmm, on that note... if you do move the camera all the way around it'll require
upping the frame count per second since that's a lot of movement.
Maybe just going from first position to last position (walls to roof) from start
to end could be okay...?

Bob