POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : sky light render : Re: sky light render Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky light render
From: omniverse
Date: 8 Jan 2017 12:45:01
Message: <web.587279e887bb2a519c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> "omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> > "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > >
> > > These images took unfavorable render time, about 12 hours for the left two
> > > demos, they are from a 1024x512 spherical image.
> > >
> > > My computer is amd fx-8350 but in fact I can only run it in half speed with my
> > > program.
> > >
> > > I ever tried the "reduse noise" filter of Photoshop and it is what benefit the
> > > situation so write a filter is a solution, too.
> >
> > Whew! Yeah, long time.
> >
> > I don't know how you're doing these but the last 4 skies look very good if I
> > ignore the color noise.
> >
> > If you could monochrome the most intense colors that might help.
> >
> > Bob
>

> I don't understand.

I was thinking of post-processing filter, too, like was mentioned before. I
don't know how possible that is though. Idea being, desaturate colors that go
beyond a certain threshold since the overall colors of the sky isn't fully one
color or the other.

Of course, that still would show a kind of colorless noise. The ideal thing
would be to duplicate nearby colors and replace the intense red, green and blue
colors with those. Yet again I don't know the limitations to such filter
creation. Just was thinking out loud.