POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Pov blocks, with better UV mapping now : Re: Pov blocks, with better UV mapping now Server Time
16 Apr 2024 18:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov blocks, with better UV mapping now
From: omniverse
Date: 7 Jan 2017 19:55:00
Message: <web.58718cf726e91bb49c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> http://i.imgur.com/oHtxr8G.gifv

Better uv mapping sure, but better animation might be debatable.

The perfection of this one is a telltale sign of impossible circumstances,
whereas the other had a kind of possible scenario that made me think, "Hey, how
did those get into an arrangement like that?! Maybe after trying it over and
over again a hundred times?"

All that aside, this second version does have the merit of being what you would
want to see happen if you could do that in reality while knowing you never
could... at least not without magical robotic magnetism cubes anyhow.
:)

Most importantly, I like watching for the last cube to move into place! Thanks
for the redo.

Bob