POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Pov blocks : Re: Pov blocks Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov blocks
From: omniverse
Date: 7 Jan 2017 12:00:00
Message: <web.58711d749ce313659c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> > I can't begin to figure how that was done, even if reversed.
>
> It's a Blender physics simulation. On the last frame, all blocks are UV mapped
> by viewport to the same image_map. Then go back to first frame and start
> rendering.

Ah, so it is somewhat of a reversal. I was trying to think of it as a scrambling
method played in reverse, of course that would mean reversing the physics too.
Maybe not impossible, just not as likely as some other way...? So now your
explanation is a better fit with how it ends.

I haven't seen Blender in years and years so I should give it another look.

Bob