POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Bitmap To Prism Utility (Work In Progress) : Re: Bitmap To Prism Utility (Work In Progress) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bitmap To Prism Utility (Work In Progress)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Dec 2016 08:05:01
Message: <web.5857d9df4d4e4daac437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> So the reason I'm posting this WIP is that I'm hoping someone may have some
> suggestions regarding the generation of cubic_spline control points. There's a
> good possibility that this is going to require math that's beyond my ability to
> comprehend. Thanks for any advice!

Hi Dave,

I've asked before what the specific equation for generating the cubic spline
was, and haven't had the opportunity to try to hunt it down in the source code.

A while back, I did some interpolation of control points for Bezier splines and
bicubic patches.

Perhaps you could do something similar.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Cweb.56d9fbdd155fef445e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=40
6768

See attached copy of latest interpolation macro (still a bit buggy)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'interpolatecontrolpointsfrom.mcr.txt' (9 KB)