POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : prefix a keyword? meshcam conflict : Re: prefix a keyword? meshcam conflict Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:39:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: prefix a keyword? meshcam conflict
From: omniverse
Date: 10 Nov 2016 05:05:00
Message: <web.582445ba90dd8a489c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> > Concerning, at least, the version 3.7.1-alpha.8820458+av228.msvc14.win64.
> >
> > ...\scenes\camera\mesh_camera\meshcam_persp_demo.pov
> >
> > Lines 57 and 59 have a #declare prefix=
> >
> > Line 61 has #declare
> > mesh_file=concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(prefix,str( {snip!}
> >
> > Keyword coloring is not shown in the 3.7.0.msvc10.win64 version.
>
> The meshcam is used by a very small amount of users only (I can remember only
> two users and one developer posting issues due to the meshcam here (Jaime,
> Christoph Lipka and myself). Can you explain what you will
> do with the meshcam?

I've only rediscovered it to try the baked textures, although I knew it was
being talked about several years ago. Not a lot I can do with it yet, very new
thing to me and I'm not very good with complicated works like it anyhow.

I thought it might be the "dictionary" portion causing this, C. Lipka recently
added, and I keep using the latest alpha version that's available.
That was only around a couple months or so. Found I still have an earlier
version from April this year so checked it and 'prefix' is not a keyword, like
the original 3.7 executable.

So again, I suspect prefix got added and those meshcam files use lower case
identifiers almost exclusively. I haven't looked all through it but I think that
might be the only place prefix is used.

The long concatenate line seems okay, I just didn't post the whole thing before:

  #declare
mesh_file=concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(concat(prefix,str(image_width,0,0)),"x"),str(image_height,0,0)),"-angle_")
,str(c_angle,0,0)),".inc");

Of course, now with current alpha versions of POV-Ray 3.7.1 (Win64 at least) the
word needs a change to Prefix instead of prefix to be able to parse and render.

Bob