POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration) : Re: Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:06:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration)
From: LanuHum
Date: 23 Oct 2016 05:10:00
Message: <web.580c7dd8dc6ec2767a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> Am 22.10.2016 um 12:42 schrieb LanuHum:
> > For example, the structure is different from the master and hgpovray.
> > Now I understand why stupid written configuration files gnumake.
> > CMakeListsGenerator.py
>
> So instead of an Automake script we'd get a Python script?
>
> I'm not sure if this is really a win -- most notably since Automake does
> a lot more than just determine what files to compile and what libraries
> to link, such as detecting whether particular semi-standard include
> files, data types or functions are available (defining all those
> HAVE_SOMETHING macros you find scattered throughout the POV-Ray source
> code).

I do not reinvent the wheel. I just do not know Automake, but need to build the
program. I do not know where I have to write the changes to be included in your
project my files. I found a solution to the primitive, but it works.

My posts on this thread are just an idea.
Someone might want to develop it.
The source code of the blender always had several options for building:
cmake, make and scons.
Scons uses python.

:)