POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : left or right handed rotations : Re: left or right handed rotations Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: left or right handed rotations
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Oct 2016 12:10:00
Message: <web.57fbbd47998e1a28b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Found out the mirrors show the opposite handedness, left looks like right in the
> mirror and right looks left-handed.

This is to be expected - I've had to deal with lots of diagrams of chemical
enantiomers and showing the R/S, (+)/(-), D/L chiral configuration of the
central carbon atom.

Mirror images always have reversed chirality - both geometrically and
rotationally.

I'd put a reference rotational arrow around your axes to show what the default
direction for positive rotation is.

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/trans/trans_200e.htm