POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : left or right handed rotations : Re: left or right handed rotations Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:06:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: left or right handed rotations
From: omniverse
Date: 8 Oct 2016 00:50:01
Message: <web.57f87a58998e1a28b1933f770@news.povray.org>
> Am 07.10.2016 um 21:18 schrieb omniverse:
>
> --->8---
> I haven't thought it through entirely yet, but I suspect it is
> impossible to flip the handedness while making rotations about an odd
> number of axes appear unaffected.

You're talking to someone who can't follow directions very well, so all that
only confused me more. Sorry! :) I began to understand and then got lost!

You did give me an idea though, and that was to try placing a mirror behind the
rotating box to see what happens. I would never be able to visualize it without
the animations.

Found out the mirrors show the opposite handedness, left looks like right in the
mirror and right looks left-handed. Of course the axes must be used in the
mirrors too, doing the hand aerobics from them and not the axes from original
non-mirrored versions.

Will also post those here along with my test scene text, just in case anyone
wants to mess with it more and not have to start with a blank slate.

1st the left-handed with right-hand mirror (hope I'm seeing these as such
anyhow).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'p-r_lh_aerobics_mirror.mp4.mpg' (660 KB)