POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.7 doesn't run on vista 32-bit, no source code available to build : 3.7 doesn't run on vista 32-bit, no source code available to build Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:03:33 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 doesn't run on vista 32-bit, no source code available to build
From: jmichae3
Date: 8 Sep 2016 05:10:00
Message: <web.57d12a86b43fb155944c3db40@news.povray.org>
3.7 doesn't run on vista 32-bit, no source code available to build.

the program is GPL'd, which means it is open source and if a binary is given,
the source code must be made available. but I cannot find the sources.

my platform is vista 32 on an amd athlon x2 "64" which really seems to act like
a 32-bit processor with PAE (address extensions), given they way it can allocate
64GB+/disk of virtual memory just like that, whereas XP32 was limited to
4GB/disk.
fixed virtual memory does not alleviate the need for more RAM, but it helps.
auto-allocated virtual memory always fails to work.