POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blobs not ... blobbing : Re: Blobs not ... blobbing Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:45:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs not ... blobbing
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Aug 2016 17:45:00
Message: <web.57a5084d7be9a1345e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> What are you using for radius with Sph?
>
> I get the usual blobbiness I expect by using Sph=0.5 or less, while also
> changing Strength to 2, and threshold 1.

Ah.   Now that you point it out, I back-tracked the layout and my radius was
indeed too small.   0.1     I kept increasing the strength, and _nothing_
happened, which had me perplexed, but I can now see why that should be the
expected behaviour.

I knew it was a stupid wetware error, and you nailed it.
Been a while since I used blobs, and I was hurrying.
It's always the simple things.   :|

Thanks for spotting that and clearing things up.   :)