POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media density : Re: Media density Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media density
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Jul 2016 09:15:00
Message: <web.5794be691a150b855e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

I'm not sure where the media and camera is in the scene, nor the scale.  I'd
either do a small separate test scene with your spherical pattern and color map,
or make a few temporary drastic changes to your scene to see "what gives"

> 2) : here, spherical pattern is use for density. is it possible to use
> other thing like gausssian curve for exemple. More generaly, how to
> change pattern with f(x,y,z) for density pattern.

I would guess it would just be something like this:

>   density {
    function (x, y, z) YourEquations.......

The docs have an "example" in the gradient pattern section.

" A more general solution is to use function{abs(x)} as a pattern instead of
gradient x and similar for gradient y and gradient z."