POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Returning values from macros : Re: Returning values from macros Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Returning values from macros
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 May 2016 17:25:00
Message: <web.574cae7f76b80bcd5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I've debugged a fair amount of stuff, and gotten a decent first draft of what I
was shooting for.

Has anyone used PM 2Ring's catenary macro?
I have TWO such include files - one takes 6 arguments, and the other like 11.
I couldn't get the larger one to work, and the smaller one has some issues I'm
trying to resolve.

First, the macro doesn't seem to bring the Link objects right to the endpoints,
so there's dead space - unless there's some parameter I need to tweak, or
there's a specific way to define the link object.

Second, for certain values of SLACK, and certain distances between endpoints,
the macro inverts the catenary so that it looks like anti-gravity just kicked
in.

Apparently there's a similar macro written by Mike Williams that I need to find.

I also found this rope macro, but the referenced link doesn't wind up getting
displayed properly in my browser (Chrome) - it looks like the source HTML, with
all of the tags visible, and not properly formatted as HTML.   Does anyone else
have this problem?

http://lib.povray.org/collection/rope/chrisb%201.0/rope.html