POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Emitting objects masked by trasnparent ones. : Emitting objects masked by trasnparent ones. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Emitting objects masked by trasnparent ones.
From: EdR
Date: 16 May 2016 12:25:00
Message: <web.5739f353c23a6d9cb2407280@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm having a problem rendering emitting objects, where transparent objects seem
to be blocking the light from others behind.

It can be seen in the minimal code (part of a larger scene) below and in this
render https://www.dropbox.com/s/fki0av19wjwnbvu/minimal_bug_example.png?dl=0

The left hand cylinder seems to obscure the right hand one, and I can't work out
why. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

----
#include "colors.inc"
camera {
  location <15,0,40>
  look_at <5,0,0>
  angle 45
}

//background
background { color Black }

#declare thick = 1.5;
union {
  #for (ii, 8, 9)
    cylinder{
      (ii*thick*x), (((ii+1)*thick*x)-0.000001), 1
      pigment { Clear }
      hollow

      interior {
        media {