POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : geodesic dome : Re: geodesic dome Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: geodesic dome
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 May 2016 18:25:00
Message: <web.573502a8d5a10dbd5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Janne" <arc### [at] mecom> wrote:
Now I
> want to include an image of the three different strut lengths with their so
> called "compound cuts". This turned out more difficult then I expected.

I'll bet   ;)
Last I recall, there's lots of nested cosines or something.

I'd start by searching woodworking or geodesic forums, or even those "sacred
geometry" sites to see if anyone's got some good charts or spreadsheets or PDF's
or something.
I could swear that there's something like this for POV-Ray - maybe check out
Friederich Lohmueller's site forst, and then see if was done by someone else
after that.
Some stuff might even be right in the Insert Menu.

> What is
> the best way to create an image like
> http://northernhomestead.com/wp-content/uploads/Geodome6.jpg.

Can't see it:

Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (northernhomestead.com) does not allow hotlinking to
that resource (/wp-content/uploads/Geodome6.jpg).

security by CloudFlare"