POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error(s) compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 : boost thread library solution fails : Re: Error(s) compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 : boost thread library solution fail= Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error(s) compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 : boost thread library solution fail=
From: LanuHum
Date: 16 Apr 2016 15:25:00
Message: <web.5712902f2cb4e04f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Fred DM" <dae### [at] bluewinch> wrote:
> Thanks to clipka and to green for your quick answer.
>
> I tried both solutions.
>
> the added libraries didn't solve the problem.
>
> But the use of the master branch did it.
> Compilation went through without any problems.
> Pov-Ray is working well.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> I am sorry but I am new to this. I did compilations of small projects that I
> created,but I never went through compilation of a real software before.
> Can you explain me the difference between Master Branch and Stable Branch.
> I had the wrong intuition to use the stable release.
>
> Fred

..../configure COMPILED_BY="you name" --prefix=/usr --with-x LIBS="-lboost_system
-lboost_thread -lboost_date_time"

specfile:
%define PKGRELEASE 3.7

Source:  povray-%{version}.tar.bz2
Source1: %{name}.bash-completion
BuildRequires: zlib-devel
BuildRequires: libx11-devel
BuildRequires: libxpm-devel
BuildRequires: libpng-devel
BuildRequires: libjpeg-devel
BuildRequires: libtiff-devel
BuildRequires: svgalib-devel
BuildRequires: OpenEXR-devel
BuildRequires: SDL-devel
BuildRequires: boost-devel

%description
The Persistence of Vision Ray tracer creates three-dimensional,
photo-realistic images using a rendering technique called ray tracing.
It reads in a text file containing information describing the objects and
lighting in a scene and generates an image of that scene from the view
point of a camera also described in the text file. Ray tracing is not
a fast process by any means, (the generation of a complex image can
take several hours) but it produces very high quality images
with realistic reflections, shading, perspective, and other effects.

%prep
%setup -qn povray-%{version}

%build
cd unix
../prebuild.sh
cd -
CXXFLAGS="-Wno-multichar"
%configure2_5x --with-x COMPILED_BY="%_vendor" LIBS="-lboost_system
-lboost_thread -lboost_date_time"
export LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/lib64"
%make

%install
%makeinstall_std

install -d -m 755 %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/bash_completion.d
install -m 644 %{SOURCE1} %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/bash_completion.d/%{name}

%files
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/bash_completion.d/%{name}
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/%{name}/%PKGRELEASE/povray.conf
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/%{name}/%PKGRELEASE/povray.ini
%doc doc/*
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/povray.*
%{_bindir}/povray
%{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%PKGRELEASE