POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content : Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:11:00 EDT (-0400)
  Omni-directional Stereo Content
From: Clodo
Date: 28 Feb 2016 18:20:01
Message: <web.56d38071f91c97bb4e8811590@news.povray.org>
There are a lot of VR Headset now in the market.
Oculus Rift, GearVR, HTC Vive, Google cardboard etc.
Also YouTube support 360 panoramic.

I understand there are a lot of options about rendering with other raytracing
software, but i don't find any information about Povray.

The projection model it's called ODS and is full explained in this Google doc:
https://developers.google.com/cardboard/jump/rendering-ods-content.pdf

I'm trying to render an ODS, 360 3D shot with Povray.
There are a function inside the above doc that return the viewing ray for a
given pixel in raytracing,
but i don't understand how to use it in Povray.

Any advice? Thanks.