POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug? Partial Render +C : Re: Bug? Partial Render +C Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:01:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? Partial Render +C
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Jan 2016 06:05:00
Message: <web.56a9f4cfbfb05f2133c457550@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I did a partial (+sc0.248406 +sr0.444099 +ec0.441055 +er0.635475) render
> of a scene...
>
> Later, I wanted to continue: I now added the +c to the command line, and
> started the render.

I've been re-reading the POV-Ray v3.7 documentation at "3.2.2.5 Resuming
Options", and I found a clue that *might* relate to your problem. It says...

"The Continue_Trace option may not work if the Start_Row option has been set to
anything but the top of the file, depending on the output format being used..."

("file" means your rendered image.)

And...
"POV-Ray tries to figure out where to resume an interrupted trace by reading any
previously generated data in the specified output file. All file formats contain
the image size, so this will override any image size settings specified. Some
file formats (namely TGA and PNG) also store information about where the file
started... which will override these settings. It is up to the user to make sure
that all other options are set the same as the original render."

Your problem might be related to doing only a 'partial' render of the scene,
instead of the full scene.