POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Descriptions of standard inc files missing? : Re: Descriptions of standard inc files missing? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Descriptions of standard inc files missing?
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Jan 2016 10:00:01
Message: <web.5692718cb97e6fb533c457550@news.povray.org>
I have both v3.7 and v3.62 installed on my own Windows machine; so if I need to
find a particular reference item that I can't locate in v3.7's included
documentation, I launch v3.62 and look there. (Honestly, I rarely go to the
online wiki, only because I'm usually not on-line when I work in POV-Ray. Of
course, if I need to learn about a new v3.7 feature that I can't find, I
definitely go there.)

I have a suggestion for the developers (if it's practical): To make available a
separate download of *just* v3.62's included 'help' file-- at least until v3.7's
search engine is made up-to-date. (For this to work, I imagine that the help
file would need to be 'de-coupled' from the main 3.62 installation; would that
be possible?)