POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cubloc puzzle : Re: Cubloc puzzle Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubloc puzzle
From: Eriban
Date: 14 Dec 2015 17:40:06
Message: <web.566f44e98cba0736f591106d0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your comments.

Tom Millican <mil### [at] millicansmeadscom> wrote:
> Nice!
> That's quite a few intricately shaped pieces.
Indeed. They are also not all from a single piece of wood as a result, as can
also be seen in the 3D model.

Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> As usual it blows my mind that anyone can think these puzzles up.
Yes, indeed. Even though these puzzles are designed with computer support,
that's mainly to exhaustively search for alternative/unwanted/shorter solutions.
The actual design and iterative fine-tuning still requires a lot of skill and
ingenuity. Not that I speak from experience here, but having solved a fair
number of these puzzles, I do have a pretty good idea of what is involved.

> Cool. I like this one for being a relatively simple looking cube to
> start.
That's also what attracted me to this puzzle. Its outward simplicity, however,
does not say much about the complexity of its solution :-)

Cheers,
Erwin