POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Interpolation on map_type 1 : Re: Interpolation on map_type 1 Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interpolation on map_type 1
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 15 Sep 2015 17:55:00
Message: <web.55f892898fefd3b1db6413070@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> yes, bmp was the system image for the windows port. (and png was the
> one for unix). a nightmare for portability of settings.

Having a bmp keyword across all platforms doesn't sound like a bad idea.  Not
that I've had any use for them since I started using 3.7 beta four years ago.
(Prior to 3.7, the easiest way for me to create a JPEG was to render to .BMP and
convert from there.)  But .BMP images are all over (even occasionally in p.b.i,
although the POVer who posts it promptly gets a tongue lashing), regardless of
which computer you use.