POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Strange Artefact in Animation : Re: Strange Artefact in Animation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:05:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Artefact in Animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Mar 2015 19:40:01
Message: <web.55188c219c9a7832f644696d0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> When I finished to animate a scene (let a part rotate), I discovered a strange
> artifact in the scene: something like a tall but thin black line or cut-out
> where no cut-out is supposed to be.

The artifact seems to be associated with only one part of your model (and note
how it disappears *behind* the smallest rounded surface forms, as the model
rotates.) If the model is a CSG construct, try temporarily removing the single
object that shows the artifact. If the black line disappears, that will at least
narrow down the problem.

Some guesses:
Bounding-box problem?
Coincident-surfaces problem? (I.e., with some other 'buried' part of the model
whose surface is 'coincident' with the visible shape.)