POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font : font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font
From: jmichae3
Date: 3 Jan 2015 21:10:01
Message: <web.54a8a0064fe73fc78694a3930@news.povray.org>
font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font at
http://www.aringtypeface.com/respective/
I am trying to determine with the font author if this is a problem with the font
itself or a bug in POV 3.7. I have windows 7 x64 sp1 Ultimate Retail on an
i7-3970x with 64GiB RAM on an ASUS p9x79 deluxe motherboard and a GTX 670 video
card.
I am using 2 threads.
you can see the issue starting at about frame 0294 of the video I am making.
this is a POV issue or not?
here is an example frame with the source files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k614qshcko2qti/font-rendering-issue.zip?dl=0

I had thought maybe this wasn't a font issue, since the left-jutting bar is not
extruded like the rest of the font rendering is, and strangely enough, these
razor-thin vertical gold bars are only at the front and back of the font
rendering. that's a very tight-angle font rendering curve there, wonder if
that's a problem )(floating point error or something?) for POV. and it looks
like the jut-out is right at the point of where the 2 curves split off.
interesting.