POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Tracing colours : Re: Tracing colours Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing colours
From: kevva
Date: 8 Nov 2014 13:15:00
Message: <web.545e5d2fb3ece0d0b96413000@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> It would be great to have a fifth optional parameter on the trace()
> function to return a 5 dimensional colour vector at the intersection point.
>
> --
> -Nekar Xenos-

Hi Nekar
I hear you!.

I was trying to put an image on a box then use trace to find out what color was
at that location. The idea is to mess with existing images in POV but with no
color returned this turns out to be impossible. Unless of course anybody out
there knows different.

Also how about a read / write function when dealing with files and a pointer
variable would also be helpful.