POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily : Re: PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:36:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Oct 2014 18:50:01
Message: <web.54331bcb9ace5297b9c043a0@news.povray.org>
> > It would be great to have the cubic curves displayed as such instead of
> > as line segments.
> > I don't think that is possible in JustBasic. At the very least, it would require
> > a complete rewrite of the program and the introduction of equations I can't even
> > begin to imagine.
>
> I think that it's absolutely possible, it's just a matter of knowing exactly
> what the specific equations are that POV-Ray uses to interpolate, so that the
> curve displayed in JustBasic will be the same as that rendered.

See this thread for some relevant POV-Ray SDL code:

Newsgroup: povray.binaries.scene-files
Subject: Making functions for natural cubic splines
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6th Oct 2014
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.54331726f5851fad7b9c043a0%40news.povray.org%3E/

I don't know JustBasic, but it might be possible to make something similar with
it.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com