POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily : Re: PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:05:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PointWriter: New app for making spline-based shapes easily
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Sep 2014 13:55:01
Message: <web.541727d09ace5295e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I'm still playing around with this to appreciate Christian's workflow, see
what's possible with this JustBasic language (looks like a fair amount), and see
if there's some neat goodies that can be added at some point.

Do we have the equations for how POV-Ray handles interpolation of cubic splines
handy?  That would be a sweet feature to add.

I'll likely be using this along with EPSpline for some tc-rtc work, so I'm sure
I'll give it a good workout over the next month or so.

I'd like to make some decent furniture - Queen Anne table legs, etc.  Prisms get
me the rough outline, but maybe someone could offer some advice on how to
elaborate further on that to get a nice, sculpted shape.  It might inspire
further developments.  :)   Thanks.