POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : EPSpline + AutoHotKey Script : EPSpline + AutoHotKey Script Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:34:34 EDT (-0400)
  EPSpline + AutoHotKey Script
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Sep 2014 13:30:01
Message: <web.540c95b2f6d35bc55e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if people still use EPSpline to make lathe and prism objects, but I
found the inability to take a photo or a sketch and actually trace around it
pretty limiting.

I found Auto Hot Key has a script that allows you to take a window, make sure
it's "Always on Top", make it transparent (0 - 255), and then set it to
"click-through" so that you can work with the window underneath it.

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/53249-transparent-andor-always-on-top/

Opening an image file, I can use AutoHotKey as a transparent mask so that I can
use EPSpline to trace "under" the image outline.

Hope that's a useful trick for folks.