POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Running Povray with stdin via +I- returns "Render failed" : Running Povray with stdin via +I- returns "Render failed" Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Running Povray with stdin via +I- returns "Render failed"
From: Adam Ryan
Date: 3 Sep 2014 15:05:01
Message: <web.54076590e8a75532fd3497020@news.povray.org>
I'm currently on Linux CentOS 7. I'm on Povray version
3.7.1-alpha.7695039.unofficial (but this also didn't work on Povray version 3.7
RC7). When I try to run Povray in terminal with STDIN I receive a "Render
failed" error.

Command I'm running:

cat pov.pov | povray +I-

Error:

Possible Parse Error: Cannot find file '-', even after trying to append file
 type extension.
Parse Error: Cannot open input file.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed