POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Error with big *.inc file : Error with big *.inc file Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Error with big *.inc file
From: Alex
Date: 29 Aug 2014 04:35:00
Message: <web.54003aaef370693040e8111a0@news.povray.org>
I get the following error when using a big inc file:

"C:\Temp\POV\Mesh_tracts_big.inc" line 64136462: Parse Error: No matching } in
'object', float function 'float constant' found instead.

But there is nothing wrong with that file. Note that I do *not* get any error
when I use smaller file.

I have put the relevant files (Mesh_tracts_big.inc, Mesh_tracts_small.inc and
Scene_def.pov) here (~1/2 GB zip file):
http://www.isi.uu.nl/People/Alexander/files/POV.zip

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS (24 threads with 128 GB RAM). To
render the big file, you need ~30 GB RAM. I used both the latest POV-Ray version
and the previous one... no luck!

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Alexander