POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Making Torus : Making Torus Server Time
24 Apr 2024 06:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Making Torus
From: bakom
Date: 27 Aug 2014 22:55:00
Message: <web.53fe987873bfab70a0bda8a0@news.povray.org>
I am working on a converter that converts the BRL-CAD's objects in our POV-ray
format. I am able to convert sphere object of BRL-CAD into POV-ray's.
Now, in torus
BRL-CAD make a torus by using
center point, normal vector, inner radius and outer radius.
eg. Center : X Y Z
Normal Vector: X Y Z
Radius1: r1
Radius2: r2
I am able to convert it( by avoiding normal of brlcad's object ) but as in
BRL-CAD, using normal to torus we can align/rotate torus, is there any way to
make torus using normal in POV-ray? There is a rotation macro used to rotate it
but I want to use normal vector as it is.
In brlcad normal vector 1 0 0 makes a torus parellel to y axis. How can I do the
same?

Smile On!
Gurwinder Singh