POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to render rigid bodies : Re: How to render rigid bodies Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to render rigid bodies
From: MichaelJF
Date: 27 Aug 2014 11:45:01
Message: <web.53fdfcf8abc43c4c2a2f6d020@news.povray.org>
"Gfans" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I already knew how to render static meshes, but need to render rigid bodies
> using Pov-Ray 3.6.
>
> I wrote a simulator which exported translations and rotations of all rigid
> bodies at the end of each simulation step to disk, just don't know how to render
> running rigid bodies. I googled it but couldn't find useful tutorials on this
> subject, so any pointers?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Gfans

I have no idea what a "running rigid body" could be. May be something is lost in
translation here. "rigid" means something like "stiff" and "body" can be a
corpse, but stiff corpses doesn't run (usually). Ok, that's a bit sarcastic, but
I hope you got my point. I - and I believe others - need more explanation of
what you really want to do. If you have a reference image please post it (if it
doesn't work here, use the binary-images section - but usually one can post
images to the animations section)

Best regards,
Michael