POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Performance : Performance Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:45:07 EDT (-0400)
  Performance
From: soliday
Date: 1 Jul 2014 10:05:00
Message: <web.53b2bf9a44b19566d4fc3100@news.povray.org>
I am very comfortable with both Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG) and the use
modelling tools such as AC3D that produce a union of triangles.

For VERY complex shapes, from a performance perspective, should I be using CSG
or triangle models? CSG is more work on my end, but I am interested in the
memory and CPU time for rendering, as well as the image quality.

I will gladly spend the time with CSG is the performance is significantly
better.