POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling on linux : compiling on linux Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  compiling on linux
From: Rusi
Date: 10 Apr 2014 15:40:00
Message: <web.5346f2d5d8eafedcd74dbcf80@news.povray.org>
After a number of days of trying to compile on linux, finally it went through
today (Yay!). amd64 ubuntu 13.10

I thought I'd mention that I had to do

.../configure COMPILED_BY="Rusi" LIBS="-lboost_date_time -lboost_thread"
--prefix=/home/...

the need for boost_thread is probably well-known but I am surprised by
boost_date_time:  Should not the overall boost_system take care of that?

The other thing I would like to ask:

Compiling 200 odd c++ files with -O3 was frying my somewhat old machine.

It was helped and speeded up by removing the -O3 from all the makefiles

Is there some way to tell configure to do that?

In the end I guess I'll put back the -O3 when the rest is ok
however its 40 deg in shade out here :-) and so a bit sweaty with repeated
compiles!