POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray Debian Jessie JPEG error : Re: Povray Debian Jessie JPEG error Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:10:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Debian Jessie JPEG error
From: BobMckenzie123
Date: 27 Feb 2014 09:15:00
Message: <web.530f47f1ee404965e972dd290@news.povray.org>
Thank you very much Jamie for the suggestion about libjpeg62.  I first removed
libjpeg8-dev, which removed other dev libraries including libtiff.  Then I
installed libjpeg62-dev.  When I tried to run configure again it threw an error
because of a missing tiff library.  The problem with that was both libtiff#-dev
libs required removing the jpeg62 and installing jpeg8.  I found a couple of
switches for the configure script to disable tiff support.  After that I was
able to compile and it got past the previous point where it threw the error.
The render went for a couple of hours, it actually stayed at 99% for most of the
time and I'm not sure if that's common.  I'm going to try again tonight with
more time available.

Thank you, LanuHum, for the conf file reply, I'll try it out tonight as well.